SME Sioux Falls Scholarship
Each year SME Sioux Falls awards four scholarships to sophomore, junior or senior level students continuing their business-related education at an institution of higher learning in South Dakota. Awards in the past have ranged from $1000 to $4000.
SME Sioux Falls Scholarship Application Instructions
Start the Application Now
The below information describes the selection process, criteria for applicant qualification and information to be submitted by the applicant. Please read and follow directions carefully.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled at one of the institutions of higher learning of South Dakota.
- Be a current undergraduate student and use any awards received for undergraduate education.
- Be pursuing a major and degree that would adequately prepare the student for a career in business management, sales, or marketing-related field.
- Agree to use the award during the semester/year following the award.
- If selected as a finalist, be available to make an oral presentation on April 18,2017 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and to receive the awarded scholarship that same evening in Sioux Falls.
Applicants must submit the following by February 17, 2017:
- A completed application form.
- A completed scholarship questionnaire regarding your understanding of sales and marketing.
- A resume, which includes career employment objective, leadership experience, and education.
- A letter of professional reference.
- A copy of your “Official” college or university transcript.
Applications, questionnaires, transcripts, and resumes received by February 17, 2017 will be reviewed and judged by the SME Scholarship committee. Applicants are evaluated on their completed application, written questionnaire, resume, and their demonstrated leadership and academic achievements. All applicants will be notified of their status soon after March 29, 2017.
The committee will select three finalists. All finalists will receive a scholarship. To aid in the determination of the scholarship amount, each finalist will participate in an oral presentation. The presentation, to be held in the afternoon of April 18, 2017, at Callaways, in Sioux Falls, SD, will include a 15-minute role-play in selling/marketing a service or product.
For further information or questions, email Sue Ford, CEO, SME Sioux Falls, (email@example.com) or call toll free 877-421-1033. All information should be sent to SME Sioux Falls, PO Box 90310, Sioux Falls, SD 57109.
Download a hard copy application here: